Elk General A Tag Season
8/1/2013 - 9/30/2013
- Elk (Cervus canadensis)
- Antlerless Elk
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Only a portion of this Area is OPEN to hunt, see note for details.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Unit 36A*
- Hunting is only allowed outside National Forest boundaries within one mile of private fields on which cultivated crops are currently growing in Unit 36A. The National Forest Boundary is a legislatively set boundary -- it is not necessarily the boundary of Forest Service property. State, private and other lands within the National Forest Boundary are not open to hunting during this season. (Please refer to a U.S. Forest Service travel plan map for the location of this boundary.) "Private fields on which cultivated crops are currently growing" is defined as: fields on which soil has been used or broken up for the raising of crops, and artificially irrigated pasture. "Currently" means during the current or most recent growing season. Land enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) or other set-aside farm programs are specifically excluded. ATTENTION: The map displayed on this website only depicts outside of the Forest Service boundary, it is the hunter's responsibility to determine if they are within one mile of cultivated crops.. Area Size: 236,359 acres
General Season Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Elk Tag $30.75 2013
- Jr./Sr./DAV Elk Tag $16.50 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Elk Tag $39.75 2013
- Adult Elk Tag $416.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 88.53%|
|State of Idaho 6.02%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 0.04%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 94.87 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 2.26 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 1.77 %|
|Urban 0.55 %|
|Forest 0.43 %|
|Riparian 0.12 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources