Deer General Short-Range Weapon Season
10/10/2013 - 11/6/2013
- Either-sex Mule and White-tailed Deer
- Either sex may be taken.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
That portion of Unit 45 south of Interstate 84. The rest of Unit 45 is controlled hunt only.
- Unit 45
- All of Unit 45. Area Size: 831,834 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2013
- Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2013
- Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 57.37%|
|State of Idaho 6.29%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 0.51%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.19%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 78.42 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 6.98 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 6.54 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 3.74 %|
|Riparian 3.63 %|
|Forest 0.35 %|
|Water 0.25 %|
|Urban 0.08 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 45
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.