Deer General Short-Range Weapon Season
10/10/2013 - 11/24/2013
- White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus)
- Antlerless White-tailed Deer
- Only deer without antlers or with antlers shorter than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless deer only.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
- Short-range Weapons ONLY in a portion of this hunt, see note for details.
Short-range weapons only. EXCEPT that portion of Unit 38 within the Lake Lowell Sector of the Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge is controlled hunt only.
- Unit 38*
- All of Unit 38 except that portion of Unit 38 within the Lake Lowell Sector of the Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge is closed. Area Size: 1,262,583 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2013
- Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2013
- Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 32.86%|
|State of Idaho 4.73%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 1.4%|
|U.S. Military 0.62%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.05%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 47.03 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 36.1 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 7.9 %|
|Urban 5.66 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 2.38 %|
|Riparian 0.49 %|
|Water 0.41 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 38*
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Nampa, pop. 60,259
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Caldwell, pop. 29,466
- Eagle, pop. 13,659
- Mountain Home, pop. 11,531
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Kuna, pop. 7,773
- Payette, pop. 7,148
- Emmett, pop. 5,752
- Fruitland, pop. 3,978
- Homedale, pop. 2,536
- Parma, pop. 1,804
- Wilder, pop. 1,472
- New Plymouth, pop. 1,386
- Marsing, pop. 942
- Grand View, pop. 478
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.