Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Southeast Furbearer Region
11/1/2013 - 1/31/2014
- American Marten (Martes americana)
- Either-sex American Marten
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Bear Lake & Franklin Counties: CLOSED
- Southeast Furbearer Region
- Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida and Power Counties. Area Size: 6,033,002 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||16.51 %|
|State of Idaho||6.41 %|
|Indian Reservation||9.05 %|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)||0.75 %|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI)||1.08 %|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS)||0.59 %|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)||0.04 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||16.15 %|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge||0.38 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Hillhouse Canyon
- Black Canyon
- Wolverine Canyon South Property
- Arbon - North Valley
- Arbon - Southeast Bench and Central Farm Ground
- Marsh Valley
- Wolverine Canyon - East
- McNabb Canyon
- Inkom - East Bench
- Pocatello - 2 and 1/2 Mile Road
- Arbon - Southwest Bench
- Fox Hills Ranch
- Portneuf River
- American Falls - Sunbeam Area
- Dry Valley
- Thomas Fork
- Arbon - East Bench
- Rockland Valley - Hartley Canyon
- Swan Lake
- Rockland Valley - Flint Canyon
- Slug Creek
- Arbon - South Valley
- Steve Deeg Farms
- Vernon Miller
- Dan Creek-Jumpoff Hill
- Lazy "R" Ranch
- Cliff Canyon
- Rockland Valley - West
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||19.45 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||5.67 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Southeast Furbearer Region
- Pocatello, pop. 51,242
- Blackfoot, pop. 10,552
- Chubbuck, pop. 10,002
- Preston, pop. 4,791
- American Falls, pop. 3,987
- Shelley, pop. 3,838
- Soda Springs, pop. 3,368
- Montpelier, pop. 2,683
- Malad City, pop. 2,117
- Aberdeen, pop. 1,839
- Grace, pop. 994
- Franklin, pop. 651
- Downey, pop. 603
- Paris, pop. 557
- Lava Hot Springs, pop. 527
- Fort Hall
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.