Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Clearwater Furbearer Region
11/1/2013 - 3/31/2014
- American Beaver (Castor canadensis)
- Either-sex American Beaver
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
Clearwater County: East Fork Potlatch River drainage; CLOSED
Idaho County: Within the following drainages: Big Cr. upstream from Monumental Cr., Chamberlin Cr., mainstem of Middle Fk. Clearwater R. from Maggie Cr. upstream, mainstem of Lochsa R., Sechesh R. above the Long Gulch Bridge, and mainstem of Selway R: CLOSED.
Latah County: Potlatch River drainage upstream from and including the Corral Creek drainage; and the Palouse River drainage upstream from Laird Park Dam: CLOSED.
Nez Perce County: All northern tributaries to the Salmon R. downstream from but excluding Maloney Cr., and all tributarties to the Snake R. below the mouth of the Salmon R. excluding the Clearwater River drainage: CLOSED.
- Clearwater Furbearer Region
- Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis and Nez Perce Counties. Area Size: 8,575,595 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE)||0.54 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||62.36 %|
|Indian Reservation||1.11 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||1.62 %|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS)||0.02 %|
|State of Idaho||5.13 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Salmon River and Grave Creek
- Petersen Loop
- Palouse River Upland Game Area
- Genesee Area
- Whitebird Hill and Joseph Plains/Boles
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Bitterroot National Forest
- Clearwater National Forest
- Nezperce National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- St. Joe National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness
829,717 acres (0.35% of hunt area)
Gospel Hump Wilderness
206,028 acres (1% of hunt area)
Hells Canyon Wilderness
65,357 acres (0.74% of hunt area)
Selway Bitterroot Wilderness
1,093,707 acres (1% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||19.1 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Clearwater Furbearer Region
- Lewiston, pop. 30,487
- Moscow, pop. 21,674
- Grangeville, pop. 3,160
- Orofino, pop. 3,142
- Kamiah, pop. 1,150
- Cottonwood, pop. 936
- Craigmont / Winchester, pop. 858
- Troy, pop. 786
- Potlatch, pop. 773
- Elk City, pop. 743
- Kooskia, pop. 670
- Pierce, pop. 567
- Deary, pop. 543
- Riggins, pop. 406
- Weippe, pop. 385
- Elk River, pop. 141
- White Bird, pop. 105
- Lowell, pop. 30
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.
- Boise Municipal - Gowen Field(BOI) Boise, ID
- Missoula International(MSO) Missoula, MT
- Spokane International - Geiger Field(GEG) Spokane, WA
- Lewiston-Nez Perce County(LWS) Lewiston, ID
- Pullman/Moscow Regional(PUW) Moscow, ID
- McCall Municipal(MYL) McCall, ID
- Lemhi County - Salmon Regional(SMN) Salmon, ID