Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Upper Snake Furbearer Region
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2014
- Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)
- Either-sex Red Fox
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Upper Snake Furbearer Region
- Bonneville, Butte, Clark, Fremont, Jefferson, Madison and Teton Counties. Area Size: 6,288,242 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|Indian Reservation||0 %|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS)||2.48 %|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)||0.25 %|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge||0.45 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||28.25 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)||0.3 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||28.17 %|
|State of Idaho||4.99 %|
|U.S. Military||0.02 %|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE)||0.09 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- East of Ririe Reservoir/Meadow Creek Junction
- Bulls Fork Ranch
- Sundown Ranch
- Bonneville County, Just south of Tex Creek WMA Between Bulls Fork and Willow Creek.
- Pine Creek Bench
- North Teton River
- Kilgore Area
- Dan Creek-Jumpoff Hill
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||7.7 %|
|Dryland Agriculture||7.47 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Upper Snake Furbearer Region
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Pocatello, pop. 51,242
- Chubbuck, pop. 10,002
- Hailey, pop. 7,084
- Rupert, pop. 5,402
- Sun Valley / Ketchum, pop. 4,547
- American Falls, pop. 3,987
- Soda Springs, pop. 3,368
- Montpelier, pop. 2,683
- Shoshone, pop. 1,446
- Grace, pop. 994
- Challis, pop. 873
- Downey, pop. 603
- Lava Hot Springs, pop. 527
- Minidoka, pop. 123
- Leadore, pop. 87
- Fort Hall
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.
- Boise Municipal - Gowen Field(BOI) Boise, ID
- Salt Lake City International(SLC) Salt Lake City, UT
- Idaho Falls - Fanning Field(IDA) Idaho Falls, ID
- Pocatello Regional(PIH) Pocatello, ID
- Sun Valley - Friedman Memorial(SUN) Sun Valley/Hailey, ID
- Magic Valley Regional - Joslin Field(TWF) Twin Falls, ID
- Jackson Hole(JAC) Jackson, WY