Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Southwest Furbearer Region
12/14/2013 - 2/16/2014
- Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
- Either-sex Bobcat
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Southwest Furbearer Region
- Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley & Washington Counties. Area Size: 14,028,905 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|State of Idaho||5.65 %|
|U.S. Military||0.89 %|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge||0.08 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||36.28 %|
|Indian Reservation||1.04 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)||0.21 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||31.23 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness
740,789 acres (0.31% of hunt area)
Hells Canyon Wilderness
22,673 acres (0.26% of hunt area)
149,622 acres (0.69% of hunt area)
Big Jacks Creek Wilderness
52,748 acres (1% of hunt area)
Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness
89,788 acres (1% of hunt area)
Little Jacks Creek Wilderness
50,929 acres (1% of hunt area)
North Fork Owyhee Wilderness
43,413 acres (1% of hunt area)
Owyhee River Wilderness
267,263 acres (1% of hunt area)
Pole Creek Wilderness
12,533 acres (1% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||0.42 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||6.04 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Southwest Furbearer Region
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Nampa, pop. 60,259
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Caldwell, pop. 29,466
- Eagle, pop. 13,659
- Mountain Home, pop. 11,531
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Kuna, pop. 7,773
- Payette, pop. 7,148
- Emmett, pop. 5,752
- Weiser, pop. 5,367
- Fruitland, pop. 3,978
- Homedale, pop. 2,536
- McCall, pop. 2,110
- Garden Valley, pop. 2,000
- Parma, pop. 1,804
- Glenns Ferry, pop. 1,571
- Wilder, pop. 1,472
- New Plymouth, pop. 1,386
- Cascade, pop. 962
- Marsing, pop. 942
- Horseshoe Bend, pop. 812
- Council, pop. 772
- New Meadows, pop. 509
- Idaho City, pop. 483
- Grand View, pop. 478
- Cambridge, pop. 354
- Lowman, pop. 210
- Bruneau, pop. 100
- Murphy, pop. 75
- Yellow Pine, pop. 38
- Silver City
- Warm Lake
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.
- Boise Municipal - Gowen Field(BOI) Boise, ID
- Missoula International(MSO) Missoula, MT
- Spokane International - Geiger Field(GEG) Spokane, WA
- Lewiston-Nez Perce County(LWS) Lewiston, ID
- Sun Valley - Friedman Memorial(SUN) Sun Valley/Hailey, ID
- Magic Valley Regional - Joslin Field(TWF) Twin Falls, ID
- McCall Municipal(MYL) McCall, ID
- Lemhi County - Salmon Regional(SMN) Salmon, ID