Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Clearwater Furbearer Region
12/14/2013 - 2/16/2014
- Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
- Either-sex Bobcat
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Clearwater Furbearer Region
- Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis and Nez Perce Counties. Area Size: 8,575,595 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 62.23%|
|State of Idaho 5.08%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 1.46%|
|Indian Reservation 0.97%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.47%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0.23%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Salmon River and Grave Creek
- West of Waha and Miller Road - Ten Mile Canyon and Fields to the South
- Petersen Loop
- Palouse River Upland Game Area
- Genesee Area
- Whitebird Hill and Joseph Plains/Boles
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Bitterroot National Forest
- Clearwater National Forest
- Nezperce National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- St. Joe National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Selway Bitterroot Wilderness 1,093,707 acres (12.75% of hunt area)
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 829,717 acres (9.68% of hunt area)
- Gospel Hump Wilderness 206,028 acres (2.4% of hunt area)
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 65,357 acres (0.76% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 70.81 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 19.1 %|
|Rangeland 9.62 %|
|Water 0.24 %|
|Urban 0.14 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.07 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Clearwater Furbearer Region
- Lewiston, pop. 30,487
- Moscow, pop. 21,674
- Grangeville, pop. 3,160
- Orofino, pop. 3,142
- Kamiah, pop. 1,150
- Cottonwood, pop. 936
- Craigmont / Winchester, pop. 858
- Troy, pop. 786
- Potlatch, pop. 773
- Elk City, pop. 743
- Kooskia, pop. 670
- Pierce, pop. 567
- Deary, pop. 543
- Riggins, pop. 406
- Weippe, pop. 385
- Elk River, pop. 141
- White Bird, pop. 105
- Lowell, pop. 30
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.