Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Salmon Furbearer Region
12/14/2013 - 2/16/2014
- Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
- Either-sex Bobcat
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Salmon Furbearer Region
- Custer and Lemhi Counties. Area Size: 6,081,642 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||68.82 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||22.67 %|
|State of Idaho||1.51 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Targhee National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness
794,934 acres (0.34% of hunt area)
54,671 acres (0.25% of hunt area)
White Clouds Wilderness
90,318 acres (148.51% of hunt area)
41,891 acres (68.88% of hunt area)
Jim McClure-Jerry Peak Wilderness
94,910 acres (156.06% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||2.91 %|
|Dryland Agriculture||0.04 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Salmon Furbearer Region
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.