Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Southeast Furbearer Region
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2014
- American Badger (Taxidea taxus)
- Either-sex American Badger
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Southeast Furbearer Region
- Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida and Power Counties. Area Size: 6,033,002 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 16.16%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 15.01%|
|State of Idaho 6.34%|
|Indian Reservation 5.99%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 3.6%|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) 1.08%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 1.08%|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) 0.73%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.59%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.29%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Hillhouse Canyon
- Black Canyon
- Wolverine Canyon South Property
- Arbon - Southeast Bench and Central Farm Ground
- Marsh Valley
- Wolverine Canyon - East
- McNabb Canyon
- Inkom - East Bench
- Pocatello - 2 and 1/2 Mile Road
- Arbon - Southwest Bench
- Fox Hills Ranch
- Portneuf River
- American Falls - Sunbeam Area
- Dry Valley
- Thomas Fork
- Arbon - East Bench
- Rockland Valley - Hartley Canyon
- Swan Lake
- Rockland Valley - Flint Canyon
- Slug Creek
- Big Onion
- Arbon - South Valley
- Back Downata
- Steve Deeg Farms
- Vernon Miller
- Dan Creek-Jumpoff Hill
- Bingham County, east of Firth, Blackfoot Mountains and Long Valley Road
- Lazy "R" Ranch
- Cliff Canyon
- Rockland Valley - West
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 39.19 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 19.45 %|
|Forest 17.46 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 13.25 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 5.67 %|
|Water 1.73 %|
|Rock 1.27 %|
|Riparian 1.15 %|
|Urban 0.81 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Southeast Furbearer Region
- Pocatello, pop. 51,242
- Blackfoot, pop. 10,552
- Chubbuck, pop. 10,002
- Preston, pop. 4,791
- American Falls, pop. 3,987
- Shelley, pop. 3,838
- Soda Springs, pop. 3,368
- Montpelier, pop. 2,683
- Malad City, pop. 2,117
- Aberdeen, pop. 1,839
- Grace, pop. 994
- Franklin, pop. 651
- Downey, pop. 603
- Paris, pop. 557
- Lava Hot Springs, pop. 527
- Fort Hall
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.