Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Southwest Furbearer Region
11/1/2012 - 3/31/2013
- American Beaver (Castor canadensis)
- Either-sex American Beaver
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Ada & Boise Counties: The Boise River WMA: CLOSED.
Elmore County: All public lands within the following drainages: Bear Cr. (trib. to Feather R.), Case Cr., Fall Cr. upstream from and including Meadow Cr., Clover Cr., King Hill Cr., Lake Cr. (trib. To Fall Cr) but flows into Anderson Ranch Reservoir, Wilson Cr., Little Wilson Cr., and Elk Cr. On Wilson Flat north of Anderson Ranch Dam, Lime Cr., Smith Cr. upstream from Washboard Cr., Syrup Cr., Trinity Cr., Willow Cr. in the Danskin Mts. (trib. of S. Fk. Boise R.), and Wood Cr. (trib. of S. Fk. Boise R.), AND EXCEPT all lands within the Boise River WMA: CLOSED.
Gem County: Within the following drainages: Big Cr. upstream from Monumental Cr., Johnson Cr. upstream from Landmark, S. Fk. Salmon R. upstream from the fish trap near the mouth of Cabin Cr., Bear Valley Cr., and Sulpher Cr.: CLOSED.
Washington County: Raft Creek, Dennett Creek, Wolf Creek, Trail Creek, Sumack Creek, Thorn Creek, and Rock Creek on the Rocking M Ranch Conservation easement in Unit 31: CLOSED.
- Southwest Furbearer Region
- Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley & Washington Counties. Area Size: 14,028,905 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|State of Idaho||5.65 %|
|U.S. Military||0.89 %|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge||0.08 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||36.28 %|
|Indian Reservation||1.04 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)||0.21 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||31.23 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Highland Land and Livestock Boise River WMA
- Payne Family Grazing- Pleasant Valley and Thomas Creek
- Mink - East Pine, Advent Gulch, Weiser River
- Van Deusen Ranch - Willow Ridge
- A L Cattle - Shirts Creek
- A L Cattle - Dodson Pass
- Janss Farms
- Hammett Livestock
- Paddock Valley Reservoir
- Osborn Ranch - Indian Valley
- Osborn Ranch - New Meadows
- Osborn Ranch - Six Mile Cr
- Yoctorowic - Payette River
- Big Foot Bar Boat Ramp -Snake River
- Diamond A Livestock - Little Pilgrim Gulch
- Erskine-Boise River Dixie
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness
740,789 acres (0.31% of hunt area)
Hells Canyon Wilderness
22,673 acres (0.26% of hunt area)
149,622 acres (0.69% of hunt area)
Big Jacks Creek Wilderness
52,748 acres (1% of hunt area)
Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness
89,788 acres (1% of hunt area)
Little Jacks Creek Wilderness
50,929 acres (1% of hunt area)
North Fork Owyhee Wilderness
43,413 acres (1% of hunt area)
Owyhee River Wilderness
267,263 acres (1% of hunt area)
Pole Creek Wilderness
12,533 acres (1% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||0.42 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||6.04 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Southwest Furbearer Region
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Nampa, pop. 60,259
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Caldwell, pop. 29,466
- Eagle, pop. 13,659
- Mountain Home, pop. 11,531
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Kuna, pop. 7,773
- Payette, pop. 7,148
- Emmett, pop. 5,752
- Weiser, pop. 5,367
- Fruitland, pop. 3,978
- Homedale, pop. 2,536
- McCall, pop. 2,110
- Garden Valley, pop. 2,000
- Parma, pop. 1,804
- Glenns Ferry, pop. 1,571
- Wilder, pop. 1,472
- New Plymouth, pop. 1,386
- Cascade, pop. 962
- Marsing, pop. 942
- Horseshoe Bend, pop. 812
- Council, pop. 772
- New Meadows, pop. 509
- Idaho City, pop. 483
- Grand View, pop. 478
- Cambridge, pop. 354
- Lowman, pop. 210
- Bruneau, pop. 100
- Murphy, pop. 75
- Yellow Pine, pop. 38
- Silver City
- Warm Lake
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.
- Boise Municipal - Gowen Field(BOI) Boise, ID
- Missoula International(MSO) Missoula, MT
- Spokane International - Geiger Field(GEG) Spokane, WA
- Lewiston-Nez Perce County(LWS) Lewiston, ID
- Sun Valley - Friedman Memorial(SUN) Sun Valley/Hailey, ID
- Magic Valley Regional - Joslin Field(TWF) Twin Falls, ID
- McCall Municipal(MYL) McCall, ID
- Lemhi County - Salmon Regional(SMN) Salmon, ID