Wolf General Any Weapon Season
McCall - Weiser Zone
8/30/2012 - 3/31/2013
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
No harvest limit in this zone. Motorized Vehicle Restriction Units 32 and 32A.
- McCall - Weiser Zone
- All of Units 19A, 22, 23, 24, 25, 31, 32 and 32A. Area Size: 4,145,500 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||10.08 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)||0.71 %|
|State of Idaho||5.45 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||48.5 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Mink - East Pine, Advent Gulch, Weiser River
- Van Deusen Ranch - Willow Ridge
- A L Cattle - Shirts Creek
- A L Cattle - Dodson Pass
- Paddock Valley Reservoir
- Osborn Ranch - Indian Valley
- Osborn Ranch - New Meadows
- Osborn Ranch - Six Mile Cr
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Nezperce National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness
53,612 acres (0.02% of hunt area)
Gospel Hump Wilderness
73 acres (0% of hunt area)
Hells Canyon Wilderness
30,120 acres (0.34% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||0.07 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||5.68 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in McCall - Weiser Zone
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Nampa, pop. 60,259
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Caldwell, pop. 29,466
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Kuna, pop. 7,773
- Fruitland, pop. 3,978
- Homedale, pop. 2,536
- Garden Valley, pop. 2,000
- Parma, pop. 1,804
- Wilder, pop. 1,472
- New Plymouth, pop. 1,386
- Marsing, pop. 942
- Idaho City, pop. 483
- Lowman, pop. 210
- White Bird, pop. 105
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.