Wolf General Any Weapon Season
Southern Idaho Zone
8/30/2012 - 3/31/2013
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
No harvest limit in this zone. Motorized Vehicle Restriction Units 45, 47, 52, 53, 56, 57, 66, 69, 70, 73, 75, 77, 78.
- Southern Idaho Zone
- All of Units 38, 40, 41, 42, 45, 46, 47, 52, 52A, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 63, 63A, 66, 66A, 68, 68A, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 73A, 74, 75, 76, 77 and 78. Area Size: 21,132,432 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 39.98%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 8.3%|
|State of Idaho 5.06%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 2.51%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 2.2%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 2.13%|
|Indian Reservation 1.72%|
|U.S. Military 0.59%|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) 0.34%|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) 0.23%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.11%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0.03%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Fox Hills Ranch
- Dry Valley
- East of Ririe Reservoir/Meadow Creek Junction
- Arbon - South Valley
- Payne Family Grazing- Pleasant Valley and Thomas Creek
- Arimo Corp.
- Steve Deeg Farms
- Vernon Miller
- Janss Farms
- Bulls Fork Ranch
- Bonneville County, Just south of Tex Creek WMA Between Bulls Fork and Willow Creek.
- Sundown Ranch
- Dan Creek-Jumpoff Hill
- Hammett Livestock
- Guerry, Inc.
- Lazy "R" Ranch
- Cliff Canyon
- Rockland Valley - West
- The Nature Conservency - Fish Creek
- Big Foot Bar Boat Ramp -Snake River
- Diamond A Livestock - Little Pilgrim Gulch
- Erskine-Boise River Dixie
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Owyhee River Wilderness 267,263 acres (1.26% of hunt area)
- Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness 89,788 acres (0.42% of hunt area)
- Big Jacks Creek Wilderness 52,748 acres (0.25% of hunt area)
- Little Jacks Creek Wilderness 50,929 acres (0.24% of hunt area)
- North Fork Owyhee Wilderness 43,413 acres (0.21% of hunt area)
- Pole Creek Wilderness 12,533 acres (0.06% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 57.22 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 10.06 %|
|Forest 9.59 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 8.78 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 8.07 %|
|Rock 2.59 %|
|Riparian 1.98 %|
|Urban 1 %|
|Water 0.69 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources