Deer General Short-Range Weapon Season
10/10/2012 - 10/24/2012
- Antlerless Mule and White-tailed Deer
- Only deer without antlers or with antlers shorter than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless deer only.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 12-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
- Unit 63
- All of Unit 63. Area Size: 1,285,489 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2012
- Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2012
- Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 35.67%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 20.86%|
|State of Idaho 7.52%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.09%|
|U.S. Military 0.08%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 60.03 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 20.79 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 8.42 %|
|Rock 7.65 %|
|Riparian 1.74 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 1.23 %|
|Urban 0.14 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 63
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.