Bear General Any Weapon Season
6/16/2012 - 7/31/2012
- Black Bear (Ursus americanus)
- Either-sex Black Bear
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 43
- All of Unit 43. Area Size: 448,051 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Bear Tag $11.50 2012
- Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75 2012
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2012
- Bear Bait Permit* $12.75 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75 2012
- Adult Bear Tag $186.00 2012
- Bear Bait Permit* $31.75 2012
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||95.13 %|
|State of Idaho||0.21 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)||0.02 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||1.31 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
80 acres (0% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Eagle, pop. 13,659
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Kuna, pop. 7,773
- Gooding, pop. 3,334
- Garden Valley, pop. 2,000
- Glenns Ferry, pop. 1,571
- Shoshone, pop. 1,446
- Horseshoe Bend, pop. 812
- Hagerman, pop. 684
- Grand View, pop. 478
- Bliss, pop. 273
- Lowman, pop. 210
- Bruneau, pop. 100
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.