Elk Controlled Hunt Landowner Permission Required Extra Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 2159 - Hunt Area 56-2X
8/1/2012 - 8/29/2012
- Elk (Cervus canadensis)
- Antlerless Elk
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Landowner Permission Hunt. Written permission from landowner who owns more than 159 acres in the hunt area is required to apply for this hunt. Landowner Permission Hunt Permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the Nampa, McCall and headquarters IDFG offices starting July 15. Do not apply for this hunt during the controlled hunt application period.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
Landowner Permission Required see page 85 of the Big Game Regulations for details on applying (http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/rules/bg/ch.pdf)
- Hunt Area 56-2X
- That portion of Unit 56 within one mile of cultivated fields. Area Size: 578,410 acres
Controlled Hunt Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 23.85%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 13.61%|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) 5.95%|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) 4.06%|
|State of Idaho 1.31%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.02%|
Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 2159 - Hunt Area 56-2X
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Rockland Valley - Hartley Canyon
- Rockland Valley - Flint Canyon
- Arimo Corp.
- Steve Deeg Farms
- Vernon Miller
- Lazy "R" Ranch
- Cliff Canyon
- Rockland Valley - West
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture 42.42 %|
|Rangeland 37.1 %|
|Forest 13.36 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 4.5 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 2.38 %|
|Urban 0.23 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.