Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Salmon Furbearer Region
10/22/2011 - 3/15/2012
- Northern River Otter (Lutra canadensis)
- Either-sex Northern River Otter
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Harvest quota 10 for the Salmon Region. Call the appropriate IDFG office or 1-800-323-4334 to obtain current harvest information. Season closes 48 hours after quota is reached. Maximum limit of 2 otters per trapper.
Main Salmon R. downstream from North Fork, Idaho: CLOSED.
All areas closed to beaver trapping are closed to otter trapping.
- Salmon Furbearer Region
- Custer and Lemhi Counties. Area Size: 6,081,642 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||68.82 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||22.67 %|
|State of Idaho||1.51 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Targhee National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness
794,934 acres (0.34% of hunt area)
54,671 acres (0.25% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||2.91 %|
|Dryland Agriculture||0.04 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Salmon Furbearer Region
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.