Wolf General Any Weapon Season
Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
8/30/2011 - 3/31/2012
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
No special restrictions.
- Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
- All of Units 8, 8A, 11, 11A, 13 and 18. Area Size: 2,375,611 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2012
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2011
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2012
- Adult Wolf Tag $186.00 2011
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 11.75%|
|State of Idaho 7.43%|
|Indian Reservation 3.29%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 2.53%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 1.45%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0.13%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Petersen Loop
- Palouse River Upland Game Area
- Genesee Area
- Whitebird Hill and Joseph Plains/Boles
- Salmon River and Grave Creek
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 57,909 acres (2.44% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture 59.26 %|
|Forest 29.23 %|
|Rangeland 10.62 %|
|Urban 0.51 %|
|Water 0.35 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.01 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.