Deer General Short-Range Weapon Season
11/1/2011 - 11/20/2011
- White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus)
- Antlered White-tailed Deer
- Only deer with at least one antler longer than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlered deer only. In antlered-only seasons, antlers must accompany the carcass while in transit.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 24
- All of Unit 24. Area Size: 561,834 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2011
- Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2011
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2011
- Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2011
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 42.37%|
|State of Idaho 10.85%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 1.83%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 0.36%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 74.64 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 15.09 %|
|Water 3.41 %|
|Rangeland 3.23 %|
|Riparian 2.96 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.66 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 24
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Caldwell, pop. 29,466
- Eagle, pop. 13,659
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Payette, pop. 7,148
- Emmett, pop. 5,752
- Weiser, pop. 5,367
- Fruitland, pop. 3,978
- Grangeville, pop. 3,160
- New Plymouth, pop. 1,386
- Elk City, pop. 743
- Idaho City, pop. 483
- White Bird, pop. 105
- Stanley, pop. 95
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.