Deer General Short-Range Weapon Season
10/10/2011 - 10/31/2011
- White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus)
- Antlered White-tailed Deer
- Only deer with at least one antler longer than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlered deer only. In antlered-only seasons, antlers must accompany the carcass while in transit.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 63
- All of Unit 63. Area Size: 1,285,489 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2011
- Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2011
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2011
- Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2011
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge||0.83 %|
|State of Idaho||7.45 %|
|U.S. Military||0.08 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||53.98 %|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)||1.05 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||1.23 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||8.42 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 63
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.