Elk Controlled Hunt Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 2079 - Hunt Area 30A-1
8/1/2014 - 9/14/2014
- Antlerless Elk elk info»
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only. view all»
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun. more»
- Only a portion of this Area is OPEN to hunt, see note for details.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- New Hunt
Portion of Unit only, contact Salmon Regional Office for map of hunt area.
Tags & Permits
Landscape & Access
- Hunt Area 30A-1
- That portion of Unit 30A north and west of the following boundary: Beginning at the junction of Highway 28 and McFarland Boulevard, then east on McFarland Boulevard to Eighteenmile Rd., then north on Eighteenmile Rd. to Bull Creek Rd., then east on Bull Creek Rd. to the junction with an unnamed road at the toe of the slope, then north on unnamed road to Hawley Creek Rd., then east on Hawley Creek Rd. to Rocky Canyon Rd., then north on Rocky Canyon Rd. to Highway 29, then west on Highway 29 to Highway 28, then south on Highway 28 to the point of beginning. Area Size: 49,604 acres
More information about
GMU(s) in this hunt:
Tags, Permits & Fees
Licenses, tags and permits may be purchased:
Learn more about IDFG Licenses, Tags & Permits
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Note: A valid
hunting license is required.
* Indicates this item is optional.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
Surface Management Agency
No surface management agency information for this area is available at this time.
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
No landcover for this area is available at this time.
Outfitters and Guides
Local Elk Outfitters & Guides
No local hunting outfitters are licensed for Elk.
No pack trip outfitters are available in Controlled Hunt 2079 - Hunt Area 30A-1.
*In need of a Guide? Try our Idaho Outfitter Guide, which allows you to search all licensed outfitters by species, activity and location.
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
* Services pages courtesy of the Official Idaho Travel and Tourism Guide