Deer Controlled Hunt Extra Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 1113 - Hunt Area 40X*
10/10/2014 - 11/24/2014
- Antlerless Mule and White-tailed Deer deer info»
- Only deer without antlers or with antlers shorter than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless deer only. view all»
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun. more»
- Very limited access due to few roads, and private property. Only a portion of the unit is open to hunting
- YOUTH HUNT: ONLY hunters 10-17 years of age with a valid license and tag may participate in this hunt.
Youth Hunt ONLY
Tags & Permits
Landscape & Access
- Hunt Area 40X*
- Only that portion of Units 40 and 41 within the following boundary are open to youth antlerless hunting - starting at the Oregon border on the Snake River then upstream to the C.J. Strike Dam Road then south on C.J. Strike Dam Road to Highway 78 to Rim Rock High School, then east on Highway 78 to Highway 51, then south on Highway 51 to the Shoofly Cut-off Road and 3.5 miles west of Highway 51, then west on the Shoofly Cut-off Road to the Mudflat Road, then north on the Mudflat Road to Highway 78, continue west on Highway 78 to the powerline that crosses the Snake River about 3 miles south of the Walter's Ferry Bridge at the 22.5 mile marker, then north along the Oregon border to the Snake River, the point of beginning; and on cultivated fields in that portion of Unit 40 no more than 5 miles south or west of Highway 78. Area Size: 411,637 acres
More information about
GMU(s) in this hunt:
Tags, Permits & Fees
Licenses, tags and permits may be purchased:
Learn more about IDFG Licenses, Tags & Permits
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
Adult Deer Tag $19.75
Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75
Controlled Hunt Application Fee $6.25
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75
Adult Deer Tag $301.75
Controlled Hunt Application Fee $14.75
Note: A valid
hunting license is required.
* Indicates this item is optional.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
Surface Management Agency
No surface management agency information for this area is available at this time.
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
No landcover for this area is available at this time.
Outfitters and Guides
Local Deer Outfitters & Guides
No local hunting outfitters are licensed for Deer.
No pack trip outfitters are available in Controlled Hunt 1113 - Hunt Area 40X*.
*In need of a Guide? Try our Idaho Outfitter Guide, which allows you to search all licensed outfitters by species, activity and location.
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
* Services pages courtesy of the Official Idaho Travel and Tourism Guide