Locator Map of Hunt Area in Idaho
Hunt Area Legend Key Item Hunt Area Location

Deer Controlled Hunt Archery Season

Controlled Hunt 1093 - Hunt Area 70

10/1/2014 - 10/9/2014

Antlerless Mule and White-tailed Deer deer info»
Only deer without antlers or with antlers shorter than 3 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless deer only. view all»
Archery ONLY. more»

Special Restrictions:
  • Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
  • New Hunt

Panoramio Icon Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners

Jump To:
Hunt Area Statistics Tags & Permits Landscape & Access Weather Outfitters Services Getting There

Hunt Area

Hunt Area 70
All of Unit 70. Area Size: 242,783 acres
Map Options
pdf View a High Resolution Adobe PDF Map of Hunt Area 70
KMZ Download Download KMZ (Google Earth) file of this hunt for your GPS Unit. (And how)
Map Open the Interactive MapCenter to explore this map.
Map of Hunt Area

More information about GMU(s) in this hunt:


Tags, Permits & Fees

Licenses, tags and permits may be purchased:

Learn more about IDFG Licenses, Tags & Permits

Resident Tags, Permits & Fees

  • Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2014
  • Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2014
  • Archery Permit $18.25 2014
  • Controlled Hunt Application Fee $6.25 2014
  • Handicapped Archery Permit* $1.75 2014 (permit for use of a crossbow during archery-only seasons)

NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees

  • Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2014
  • Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2014
  • Archery Permit $20.00 2014
  • Controlled Hunt Application Fee $14.75 2014
  • Handicapped Archery Permit* $1.75 2014 (permit for use of a crossbow during archery-only seasons)

Note: A valid hunting license is required.

* Indicates this item is optional.

Landscape Characteristics and Access

Surface Management Agency

Private Graph illustrating 40.19% 40.19 %
State of Idaho Graph illustrating 2.09% 2.09 %
Indian Reservation Graph illustrating 21.66% 21.66 %
U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Graph illustrating 10.96% 10.96 %
U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Graph illustrating 25.1% 25.1 %

Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 1093 - Hunt Area 70
Surface Management Agency data source: Inside Idaho
*Surface Management Agency (a.k.a. Land Status) depicts categories for Federal and State agencies as well as Private lands in Idaho. For government land, this data displays the "managing agency" of the land, which may or may not be the same as the "owning agency" of the land. SMA is sometimes referred to as "ownership", although this term is inaccurate when describing public lands.

Access Yes! Properties

Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.

Forest Service Land

Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites

Federally-designated Wilderness Areas

There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.

Land Use/Land Cover

Dryland Agriculture Graph illustrating 23.28% 23.28 %
Forest Graph illustrating 16.11% 16.11 %
Irrigated-Gravity Flow Graph illustrating 3.51% 3.51 %
Irrigated-Sprinkler Graph illustrating 2.05% 2.05 %
Rangeland Graph illustrating 48.99% 48.99 %
Riparian Graph illustrating 2.71% 2.71 %
Urban Graph illustrating 3.34% 3.34 %

Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 1093 - Hunt Area 70
Land Use data source: IDWR


The Weather Channel * Weather data provided by The Weather Channel®.

Outfitters and Guides

Local Deer Outfitters & Guides

  • Selway Wilderness Outfitters LLC Area 02
    Operating Area for conducting Non-motorized Trailrides, Equestrian Rides, Incidental Fishing activities. Licensed for Bobcat, Deer, Elk, Goat, Moose, Bear, Cougar, Predator, Wolf hunting.

No pack trip outfitters are available in Controlled Hunt 1093 - Hunt Area 70.

*In need of a Guide? Try our Idaho Outfitter Guide, which allows you to search all licensed outfitters by species, activity and location.


Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services

* Services pages courtesy of the Official Idaho Travel and Tourism Guide

Getting There


Regional Airports