Bear General Any Weapon Season
6/16/2014 - 7/31/2014
- Either-sex Black Bear bear info»
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken. view all»
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY. more»
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
Tags & Permits
Landscape & Access
- Unit 51
- All of Unit 51. Area Size: 604,463 acres
More information about
GMU(s) in this hunt:
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Licenses, tags and permits may be purchased:
Learn more about IDFG Licenses, Tags & Permits
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
Adult Bear Tag $11.50
Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75
Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75
Bear Bait Permit* $12.75
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75
Adult Bear Tag $186.00
Bear Bait Permit* $31.75
Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75
Note: A valid
hunting license is required.
* Indicates this item is optional.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
Surface Management Agency
|State of Idaho
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)
Make your own map of Unit 51
Surface Management Agency data source: Inside Idaho
*Surface Management Agency (a.k.a. Land Status) depicts categories for Federal and State agencies as well as Private lands in Idaho. For government land, this data displays the "managing agency" of the land, which may or may not be the same as the "owning agency" of the land. SMA is sometimes referred to as "ownership", although this term is inaccurate when describing public lands.
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
Make your own map of Unit 51
Land Use data source: IDWR
Outfitters and Guides
Local Bear Outfitters & Guides
No pack trip outfitters are available in Unit 51.
*In need of a Guide? Try our Idaho Outfitter Guide, which allows you to search all licensed outfitters by species, activity and location.
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Idaho Falls, pop. 51,096
- Blackfoot, pop. 10,552
- Hailey, pop. 7,084
- Sun Valley / Ketchum, pop. 4,547
- Shelley, pop. 3,838
- Rigby, pop. 3,007
- Bellevue, pop. 2,008
- Aberdeen, pop. 1,839
- Challis, pop. 873
- Dubois, pop. 690
- Spencer, pop. 37
* Services pages courtesy of the Official Idaho Travel and Tourism Guide