Elk Controlled Hunt Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 2120 - Hunt Area 56-3
10/1/2013 - 12/31/2013
- Antlerless Elk elk info»
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only. view all»
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun. more»
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- New Hunt
In response to complaints of elk damage on private lands, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission Thursday, November 14, approved changes to elk Hunt 2120 in south-central Idaho.
Hunt area 56-3 was expanded and the season extended in an effort to reduce agricultural damages. The change expands the antlerless hunt east and south of the current boundary into several areas with chronic depredation complaints; extending the season through December 31 is expected to increase the overall harvest of antlerless elk.
The hunt began October 1 and would have ended November 30.
The Magic Valley Region worked with landowners in the area Unit 56 to address significant depredation concerns caused by elk on private land.
Tags & Permits
Landscape & Access
- Hunt Area 56-3
- That portion of Unit 56 south of the following: beginning at the intersection of Interstate 84 and Sublett Road, then east along Sublett Road (becomes USFS Road 565) to USFS Road 582, then southeast along USFS Road 582 (becomes Heydlauff Canyon Road) to Sager Canyon Road, then north along Sager Canyon Road to Trail Canyon Road, then east along Trail Canyon Road to Hoffman Canyon Road, then north along Hoffman Canyon Road to Benson Road, then east along Benson Road to Highway 37. Also, that portion of Unit 57 east of the following: beginning at the intersection of Interstate 84 and 3800 W Road then south along 3800 W Road to USFS Road 587, then south along USFS Road 587 to the Idaho-Utah border, then east to Interstate 84, then north along Interstate 84 to point of beginning. Area Size: 96,686 acres
More information about
GMU(s) in this hunt:
Tags, Permits & Fees
Licenses, tags and permits may be purchased:
Learn more about IDFG Licenses, Tags & Permits
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
Adult Elk Tag $30.75
Jr./Sr./DAV Elk Tag $16.50
Controlled Hunt Application Fee $6.25
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
Junior Mentored Elk Tag $39.75
Adult Elk Tag $416.75
Controlled Hunt Application Fee $14.75
Note: A valid
hunting license is required.
* Indicates this item is optional.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
Surface Management Agency
No surface management agency information for this area is available at this time.
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
No landcover for this area is available at this time.
Outfitters and Guides
Local Elk Outfitters & Guides
No local hunting outfitters are licensed for Elk.
No pack trip outfitters are available in Controlled Hunt 2120 - Hunt Area 56-3.
*In need of a Guide? Try our Idaho Outfitter Guide, which allows you to search all licensed outfitters by species, activity and location.
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
* Services pages courtesy of the Official Idaho Travel and Tourism Guide