Deer General Short-Range Weapon Season
11/10/2011 - 12/9/2011
- Either-sex White-tailed Deer deer info»
- Either sex may be taken. view all»
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY. more»
- Very limited access due to few roads, and private property. Only a portion of the unit is open to hunting
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
Tags & Permits
Landscape & Access
- Unit 30A
- All of Unit 30A. Area Size: 176,155 acres
More information about
GMU(s) in this hunt:
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Licenses, tags and permits may be purchased:
Learn more about IDFG Licenses, Tags & Permits
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
Adult Deer Tag $19.75
Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75
Adult Deer Tag $301.75
Note: A valid
hunting license is required.
* Indicates this item is optional.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
Surface Management Agency
|State of Idaho
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)
Make your own map of Unit 30A
Surface Management Agency data source: Inside Idaho
*Surface Management Agency (a.k.a. Land Status) depicts categories for Federal and State agencies as well as Private lands in Idaho. For government land, this data displays the "managing agency" of the land, which may or may not be the same as the "owning agency" of the land. SMA is sometimes referred to as "ownership", although this term is inaccurate when describing public lands.
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
Make your own map of Unit 30A
Land Use data source: IDWR
Outfitters and Guides
Local Deer Outfitters & Guides
Middle Fork Management Company, Inc. Area 05
Doing Business As: Middle Fork Lodge
Operating Area for conducting Non-motorized Trailrides, Equestrian Rides, Incidental Fishing activities. Licensed for Bobcat, Deer, Elk, Goat, Sheep, Bear, Cougar, Predator, Forest Grouse, Wolf hunting.
No pack trip outfitters are available in Unit 30A.
*In need of a Guide? Try our Idaho Outfitter Guide, which allows you to search all licensed outfitters by species, activity and location.
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 30A
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
* Services pages courtesy of the Official Idaho Travel and Tourism Guide