All of Units 36A, 49 and 50.36A 49 50
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 45.26%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 32.75%|
|State of Idaho 3.32%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.54%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 0%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Dry Creek Cattle Assn.
- Wood River Land Trust - Porcupine Creek Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Cowcatcher Ridge
- Lava Lake Land & Livestock
- Muldoon Grazing Assoc.
- Flat Top Sheep Co.
- Fish Creek Angus
- The Nature Conservency - Fish Creek
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Jim McClure-Jerry Peak Wilderness 94,910 acres (4.63% of hunt area)
- Hemingway-Boulders Wilderness 41,891 acres (2.04% of hunt area)
- White Clouds Wilderness 39,403 acres (1.92% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 74.03 %|
|Forest 14.62 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 5.18 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 4.37 %|
|Riparian 0.97 %|
|Rock 0.68 %|
|Urban 0.09 %|
|Water 0.06 %|
Towns in this Hunt Area
- Hailey, Idaho 75
- Sun Valley / Ketchum, Idaho 75
- Bellevue, Idaho 75
- Arco, US 20-26 US 93
- Mackay, US 93
- Picabo, US 20